In light of the COVID 19 Coronavirus pandemic, Looe Harbour Commissioners are taking all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of its customers, tenants, staff and members of the public.
We are following Public Health England and HM Government advice, as well as liaising with industry colleagues to monitor the changing situation, and are supporting our businesses and customers that are based at Looe Harbour, wherever possible.
Market and Fish Landings
Looe Harbour Market remains open for landings of fish, despite the demand for fresh fish having dropped as the national closure of pubs, restaurants and food outlets comes into force. Authorised users of Looe Harbour Fish Market are asked to abide by social distancing protocols and observe enhanced hygiene regulations as defined by Public Health England.
Currently Looe Harbour are remains open for leisure and commercial activity, but the Harbour is operating on a reduced routine.
The Chief Executive and Chairman of Looe Harbour Commissioners are reviewing operating procedures as and when scientific and government updates become available. In the meantime, we are encouraging all clients and visitors to check local and national news for further updates.
The Harbour Office will remain closed throughout the period of the UK Government imposed ‘lockdown’ action, but will remain manned during normal office hours (0900-1700, Mon-Fri) by the Harbour Master and Assistant Harbour Master respectively. During this period we are of course observing ‘social distancing’ and maintaining as little direct contact as possible. Wherever is practical we ask that customers use online payment methods and telephone enquiries (Harbour Office 01503 262839).
The Harbour Master and Assistant Harbour Master may be contacted out of hours on their respective mobile numbers but it must be stressed that these are OUT- OF- HOURS EMERGENCY NUMBERS ONLY.
The Car Park will be open as usual but with reduced manning through this trying time. In an emergency, please contact the Harbour Office on 01503 262839 during working hours.
How you can help
The Government has introduced a raft of measures to help beat COVID 19 Coronavirus but this is only achievable with your help. Remember:
- Obey UK government lockdown procedures. Stay inside if possible. Ask yourself ‘Is my journey essential?’
- Maintain Social Distancing-between 1.5 and 2 metres.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds each time.
- Avoid touching your face and eyes.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
Please remember that we as a community and as a Nation, are in this together. You can help your community in many ways:
- Shop locally- this will reduce pressure on supermarkets AND support local businesses. There has never been a better time to buy fish or locally produced fresh produce, but only buy what you need as others may be in greater need.
- Pause and think of others, particularly the vulnerable in our communities.Volunteer with local assistance groups.
- Respect the shopping ‘Golden Hour ‘set aside for the Emergency Services and the elderly. They have to eat and shop too.
Many thanks for your cooperation and support in these challenging times.
Looe Harbour Commissioners