During the COVID 19 pandemic lockdown, Looe Harbour Commissioners are continuing to take all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of its customers, tenants and members of the public.
We are following Public Health England and HM Government advice, as well as liaising with industry colleagues to monitor the changing situation, and are supporting our businesses and customers that are based at Looe Harbour, wherever possible.
Market and Fish Landings
Looe Harbour Market remains open for landings of fish, despite the demand for fresh fish having dropped as the national closure of pubs, restaurants and food outlets remains in place. Authorised users of Looe Harbour Fish Market are asked to abide by social distancing protocols and observe enhanced hygiene regulations as defined by Public Health England.
Looe Harbour are remains open for commercial activity only with the Millpool slipway and visitors berths now closed to leisure users until further notice, with the Harbour operating on a much reduced routine due to furloughed staff.
The Chief Executive and Chairman of Looe Harbour Commissioners are continually reviewing operating procedures as and when Public Health England and the Government update the UK as a whole on measures taken to combat and contain the COVID19 pandemic. In the meantime, we are encouraging all clients to check local and national news for further updates and for visitors to consider the necessity of visiting the Harbour site
The Harbour Office will remain closed throughout the period of the UK Government imposed ‘lockdown’ action, but will remain manned during normal office hours (0900-1700, Mon-Fri) by the Harbour Master and Assistant Harbour Master respectively. During this period we are operating a ‘closed door’ policy and maintaining social distancing as outlined by the Government authorities. Wherever is practical we ask that customers use online payment methods and make telephone enquiries rather tan visit the Harbour Office (Harbour Office 01503 262839).
The Harbour Master and Assistant Harbour Master may be contacted out of hours on their respective mobile numbers but it must be stressed that these are OUT- OF- HOURS EMERGENCY NUMBERS ONLY.
The Car Park is free to use for all patrons until further notice, but we have been requested to ask patrons to spend only as much time as absolutely needed on site, and ideally leaving at the end of the working day. Although patrols have been minimized, CCTV remains in operation for the safety of all car park users.
In an emergency, please contact the Harbour Office on 01503 262839 during working hours.
How you can help
The Government has introduced a raft of measures to help beat COVID 19 Coronavirus but this is only achievable with your help. Remember:
- Obey UK government lockdown procedures. Stay inside. Ask yourself ‘Is my journey essential and in line with UK Government guidelines on travel?’
- Maintain Social Distancing- 2 metres as outlined by Public Health England.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum 20 seconds each time.
- Avoid touching your face and eyes.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
Please remember that we as a community and as a Nation can beat the pandemic by working together. You can help each other and your community in many ways:
- Shop locally- this will reduce pressure on supermarkets AND support local businesses. There has never been a better time to buy fish or locally produced fresh produce, but only buy what you need as others may be in greater need. Where possible, use local delivery services to minimize unnecessary journeys.
- Pause and think of others, particularly the vulnerable in our communities. Look out for your neighbour. Volunteer with local assistance groups.
- Respect the shopping ‘Golden Hour ‘set aside for the Emergency Services and the elderly. They have to eat and shop too.
Thank you all for your continued support in these challenging times.
Looe Harbour Commissioners