Firstly, welcome to the Port of Looe. We hope that you will enjoy your visit here. We are delighted that the Department for Environment Food & Rural Affairs has confirmed that “all forms of water sports practiced on open waterways, including sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, rowing, kayaking, surfing, paddle-boarding and the use of privately-owned motorised craft (in line with the guidance issued by the relevant navigation authority) are allowed.”
Due to ongoing restrictions, we respectfully request that you contact the Harbour Office via telephone or VHF before arrival at the port; this will ensure that we actually have a berth for you!
What are my berthing arrangements?
- At present, a maximum of two (2) vessels will be allowed in the visitors berth at any one time
- Due to the Social Distancing arrangements in place, all vessels must berth fore and aft of each other.
- Vessels may not berth abreast of one another, nor occupants ‘cross deck’ from one vessel to another in order to go ashore.
- In order to comply with contact tracing guidelines, visiting craft will be asked to complete the Port Register. Where possible please fill out this form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, click the following link to download the form >>> Port Register – LHC
How should I act during my time at the Visitors Berth?
- The Harbour Office is open for business. However, COVID 19 working guidelines have been implemented. To that end, if you could pay for your berth over the telephone by card, this would be greatly appreciated. The main office number is 01503 262839. Then select Ext 2
- Read and act upon all COVID-19 and other safety related information.
- The Harbour may have implemented new procedures and guidelines since your last visit. Please ensure that you are aware of them and adhere to them at all times. Full details can be obtained from either our website or from the Harbour Office.
- Please maintain social distancing measures when moving around the Harbour area and town.
- Wash your hands regularly and use any sanitiser units that may have been provided for your use.
- Please use the facilities marked “Visiting Yachts” only.
- If anyone on your boat develops COVID-19 symptoms, return home immediately and notify the Harbour Master by phone. When home, please follow NHS guidance and self-isolate.
Thank you again for visiting Looe Harbour. We hope you enjoy your stay!